BloggerHood

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Happy Birthday MOM!! :D


We celebrated my mom's 58th birthday this past Friday.  I made reservations two weeks ago for us to have dinner with my parents at the Roof restaurant which is located at the top floor of the Joseph Smith building.  And WOW!!  Not only is the view breath taking, but the food??  Let me just take you on a little journey, if you will.  Imagine a place where it's buffet style, but you are absolutely FLOORED about what to get cause you wanna eat everything in sight, but there's not enough room on your plate for it, let alone enough room in your stomach to keep it all down.  It has everything you could imagine & more.  Cheeses, crackers, soups, fruits, meats, seafood, breads, rolls, cakes of all kinds, crepes, fruits salads and so much more.  Well, if you can imagine that than you can imagine what the Roof is like.  Everything was delicious!!  And so PRETTY!!  :D  The dessert table was HEAVENLY.  We were all so stuffed by the end of our dinner, it was so hard for us to move.  Lol.  So we just sat there for a while & talked about different things going on in our lives.  It was really nice & I soaked up every moment of being able to spend with my parents.




My mom has been such a strength to me in who I've become & what I continue to strive for daily.  She is such a giving person.  Especially when it comes to her kids & grandkids.  She LOVES having us over for no reason at all, but to just spend quality time together.  And more than that, she loves to play with the grandkids & to see them happy.  Just hearing them laugh makes her day.  I call my mom up almost daily just to talk to her about anything & everything & nothing at all, but to just see what she's doing.  I've learned so much from her & am so proud to be her daughter.  My kids absolutely adore her & continue to tell me that when they turn 18, they're moving in with her.  And I'm totally fine with that.  Hahahaha!!  We're always spending the weekend with my parents sleeping over in Salt Lake at their place when Hoko's gone.  It makes things not so depressing at home when I'm so involved in my school work that the kids are constantly asking when Hoko will be back.  Plus, I love being able to have someone I trust & know that I can share anything with wholeheartedly & it remains confidential.  That's what my mom's been for me.  Over the past month or two, I've been able to go to breakfast, just the two of us & even dinner on occasion.  It's been so relaxing & rejuvenating.  I assume every woman needs that ONE person in their lives that can fill the void of friendship outside of her marriage.  Maybe not all the time, but on occasion is always nice.  And it may not always work out that it's your own mom, but I'm happy to say that I have that & I'm so grateful.  I do not take that for granted.  :D  Happy Birthday Mom!!  May you live for many many more years & continue to be the person you are today.  I love you so much.  :D



2 comments:

Line said...

mmmm, gotta try that place sometime when i'm feeling rich LOL. happy birthday to aunty selu! and fi, you look great!

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Oh brother, Line!! You must love me to not want to REALLY tell the truth. Hahaha!!