BloggerHood

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Been To Hell Lately??


That's exactly where I felt like I've been residing for the past week. :( I started feeling the first signs of the flu bug on Monday & it hit me with a TON of bricks. It was terrible, to say the least. I kept hoping & praying that with every passing day I would start to feel better, but to no avail. I was already scheduled to see my doctor Wed morning & felt relief in the thought alone, but not in actually having to drag myself out of bed & get there. But I did. He checked me over, listened to baby's heart, measured me, did my vitals & listened to my lungs. After asking me about my symptoms, he concluded that I had the flu bug & because I was pregnant I would have it for five more days. He gave me a prescription for a z-pack, told me to take some tylenol, go home & rest. I did exactly that. I kept feeling so much better whenever I'd take my tylenol & hopelessly held on to the notion that maybe I'm getting better so I'd get up & do a load of laundry or go to my morning class @ school. But every time after doing so, I'd find myself barely making it to my bed as my head would hit the pillow & I would TRY to go to sleep even though my body was aching, burning, then shaking from the chills on & off the whole time. I was miserable. And on top of all that?? I keep getting what they call 'false alarms' (fake contractions) which I usually don't care about cause they're not that bad, but to have them all night was an absolute nightmare. :(

I barely felt good enough to pick the girls up from school Thu so we could head straight to their ATOP dance practice so we spent the night at my parents & the next morning I had to call & excuse the girls from school cause there was no way I was in any shape to make that drive back to Ogden. I had the WORST of the chills, burning fever, sweating, body aches on Friday afternoon & had to wait til 4 pm to take my tylenol, but as soon as I did, it started to even out my body temperature & even got my body aches under control. I had to run an errand with my dad & I knew that would've been the only time I would be able to do it so I hurried & got up & left with him. When we got back, I still felt a little better, but I was already anticipating the routine of misery to start up again. So I just waited. I got a call from my sis in-law, Fine. She called to check up on me cause she's so AWESOME & SWEET!! I talked to her for a while & felt fine the whole time. :D Then Hoko called & I ended my convo with Fine. But I wasn't able to stay on the phone long with Hoko before my eyelids started feeling heavy & I knew I needed to get to bed. So we said our "I love you's" & "Goodbye's" & I was off to bed. Thank goodness for GREAT parents whom I love & adore so much. I don't know how I would've survived this whole ordeal without them. They cooked, cleaned & looked after me & my children. My dad said he was going to take me to the ER if I didn't start to get better by Friday night, but since things seemed to be turning up in our favor, I received a priesthood blessing from my dad & my brother instead. And quickly dozed off. I was so grateful when Saturday morning came & I still felt better. Extremely tired, but definitely better. My parents got up early & left to my nephew, Gemini's, football game with my four girls. The two boys stayed with me cause they're still a little sick & I didn't want them to get worse. This change in the weather is so heavenly, but I didn't have any warm clothes for them & I'm not taking any chances on them with what I just went through.

Because I was feeling so much better, I took the boys out for a drive. It felt so good. :D I even met up with Fine & Sheena to go support Hoko's nephew, Ti Tonga's, bake sale. We bought cookies & cupcakes & were grateful for the sweet treats on the drive back to Fine's. I headed back to my parents, packed up our stuff in the van & headed to Sheena's to watch the Utah/BYU game. It was a full house cause Manase & Polu were there & Fine & her family came over as well. But it was so much fun. We laughed all night at Manase 'funny' jokes!! Lol. He's such a fob!! LMBO!! But they're the best!! They bought us chinese which just made my night since I hadn't really eaten anything since Thu night. Polu got my two older girls these really cute shirts from Park City that she brought for them. It was an all around great night with great people. We came home famished & everyone walked straight to their beds & knocked out. It's the simplicity in those kinds of family gatherings that always gets me. Only thing missing was Hoko. He was watching the game at the same time & could hear all the laughter in the background & I felt so bad for him. :( He said how he wished he was with us, but we both have an unspoken understanding of knowing that he's exactly where he's supposed to be even though it may not be where we want him to be. And with that. . . .I'm signing off. Gotta start on some homework. I'm back my trip to hell was very temporary. I don't wanna visit that place ever again. :D

2 comments:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Sucks to be sick, especially when you have little ones to take care of. Glad you have awesome family around to help you out...isn't that just the best! I'm glad you're feeling better too, the flu bug sucks!

Mua said...

Glad you're feeling better, sucks when the hubby isn't home to take care of you, doesn't it? Lmk if you ever need anything! Love you Fiona :)