BloggerHood

Monday, September 14, 2009

Smiley Face :D




Our baby Savou turned one month old this past weekend on Saturday. :D It seems that every night when we close our eyes 2 go 2 sleep. . . . .we wake up 2 our handsome baby boy & we swear he grew bigger!! Lol. Whether it's his height or whether he's growing sideways. Hahaha. . . .this morning when I woke up & was playing w/him, he gave me the BIGGEST SMILEY FACES EVERRR!! And I had 2 blog about it & post his pics. :D

Only a parent can understand the kinds of JOY these precious little spirits bring into our lives. But especially us, mothers. We have a different kind of LOVE 4 our children that is unwavering. It reminds me of the LOVE that our Heavenly Father has 4 each & every one of us. The kind of LOVE where we know that no matter what we do in life or what our weaknesses are. . . .we KNOW of a surety that we can always turn 2 our mothers. And that's EXACTLY how it is w/our Father in Heaven. :D

This past Sunday while I was sitting in Relief Society listening 2 the lesson that was being shared by our Relief Society president. . . . .it gave me a lot 2 think about & ponder w/in myself. I've always looked @ the Relief Society as a security blanket in my life. The women in this organization have ALL always been very motherly & I have always felt that my name was safe w/them. I have always tried 2 emulate this way of life in my own & I'm not one 2 sit & claim that I'm perfect. . . . .in no way am I this. But I have always practiced LOYALTY in my own life & have always strived 2 ensure that the people in my life know that their name(s) are safe w/me. Meaning that I would never intentionally say anything hurtful about you. If so, I've always tried 2 mend my wrongs. I love the Relief Society organization 4 continually teaching me about my different roles in this life. I love being a WOMAN & cherish all the blessings that come w/it. 1st & foremost the blessing of being a MOTHER & having that special bond w/our Heavenly Father in bringing 2 pass the procreation process & being the HELPING HAND w/in our families. :D Lucy Mack Smith said, "We must cherish one another, watch over one another, comfort one another & gain instruction, that we may all sit down in heaven together." Another scripture that was shared in the lesson that is one of my faves says, "If you live up to your privileges, the angels cannot be retrained from being your associates." I have a strong testimony of how important a role we, women, play in making sure we do our best in the strengthening of our families & the sustaining of our priesthood holders in our homes. :D I love being able 2 continually strive 2wards perfection & eternity & in so doing. . . . .going thru those stumbling blocks in life & being able 2 get back up & keep fighting that fight that's been going on since before we came down here 2 earth. :D

My children have a way of constantly reminding me that I do have a responsibility. A responsibility as their mother 2 teach & nurture them in the right way. If that were the only thing I did here on earth. . . .I would think that it would be satisfactory. And I would hope so. Lol. Anyways, totally got side tracked, but it's something that's been on my mind & I'm glad 2 be sharing it. :D




5 comments:

Line said...

Awwww, baby is SO cute and getting so big!

Thanks for sharing on relief society. I've missed relief society since being in YW.

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

His smile is so contagious! I love it!

I hope I can be someone who's name feels safe with me too...you are someone I can trust, thank you for always writing uplifting words...it always makes my day! :D

Ofa Atu!

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

I love relief society. I'm so excited that the General Relief Society meeting is coming up next week. :D I always love getting instructions 4rom our leaders that are directed personally 2 us as women. :D You guys are both AWESOME examples in my own life & I'm grateful 4 the both of you!! :D

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Fiona, he is so handsome...and big! Can't believe he's a month already!

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

I know!! He's such a CHUBBA!! No newborn clothes 4 him. He's already sportin' 3-6 mo. Lol