BloggerHood

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Such A Spiritual Experience. . . .


Today we did our usual routine of rounding up the kids & getting ready 4 church. We headed out the door this morning since our branch is 4rom 9am-noon. Our sacrament program was of all the young women sharing their experiences 4rom their girls camp. Our branch president's daughter came 2 church w/a friend 2day 2 help her w/a musical number. One of those that required no singers @ the pulpit. Her friend played the piano while she played the violin & the song they chose 2 play was 'I Know That My Redeemer Lives' Immediately after they started playing I could feel my eyes watering up. The spirit of the Lord was in our sacrament meeting & it was so strong especially during that musical number. I was in tears. They played it so beautifully & it automatically took me back 2 the pre-mortal life. I started thinking that that's what it must've been like in that life. Beautiful music, feelings of serenity, surrounded by purity & all things that are GOOD. :D I started 2 feel a little homesick 4 a place that I really don't have any recollection of. But one thing I know I always have in memory & something that I recognize once it hits me is the LOVE our Heavenly Father has 4 each & everyone of us. That he was able 2 sacrifice his only begotten son, his 1st born, that we might be able 2 return home 2 our heavenly home one day.

I automatically felt such feelings of APPRECIATION & GRATITUDE 4 being able 2 be a mother in these last days. I am officially 1 day overdue w/my pregnancy & I'm totally content w/it. I feel the need 2 be more grateful 2 be able 2 have such a special bond w/our Father in Heaven in bringing these wonderful spirits here 2 this earth. I know our journeys in life are never easy. I admire those who are able 2 recognize the blessings of the Lord in times of adversity & are able 2 strengthen themselves as a result of their circumstances. :D I think it's so GREAT 2 be alive on this earth @ this time. What amazing technologies we are constantly seeing w/our own eyes being improved upon daily. The moving 4ward of the work of the Lord across the globe leaves me in AWE all the time. :D

It was definitely a GREAT & HUMBLING experience in church 2day. So refreshing 2 be able 2 be reminded weekly of the blessings that come w/just attending church. :D Being able 2 renew our covenants w/the Lord, being reminded of the importance of FHE, the blessings that come 4rom attending the temple regularly, paying an honest & full tithing. . . .& the list goes on. These are the things that make life so much more easier because you don't have 2 think about what you haven't done or what you're not doing, but instead, you'll have the security of knowing that you're @ least trying 2 fulfill all your responsibilities here on earth. I know that life is such a constant learning experience & I look 4ward 2 the life lessons that are constantly thrown our way. I feel very BLESSED in the sense that I really feel like my family is progressing not only spiritually, but temporally as well. Or @ least I hope so. Lol. I know it's a constant battle trying 2 keep things balanced in life, but I can honestly say that we've learned some real tough lessons over the last couple of years & hope 2 not make the same mistakes again. We've taken the necessary steps so far 2wards our goals & hope 2 stay disciplined enough 2 stick w/it. :D And all of these different thoughts/feelings have contributed 2 this special spiritual experience that I had 2day. I'm so happy & so grateful 2 be a member of the church & 2 know the things that I know. It helps me so much feel secure as a woman in these latter days. I hope you all had a wonderful sabbath 2day & I am looking 4ward 2 the start of the new week. :D

1 comment:

Kassie said...

Love the post sis.. I can't believe you're over due! I'm sending you some contraction vibes.. haha see you tomorrow. Love you tons