BloggerHood

Friday, August 7, 2009

'Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people' Eleanor Roosevelt

I read this quote on a tweet 4rom Ivanka Trump. Daughter of Donald Trump. And 4 some reason it has STUCK w/me & STAYED in my mind pretty much everyday. Some deep words 4rom the former president of the U.S's niece. I've pondered these words & believe in them GREATLY. :D

It might've affected me more @ this time in my life because of the fact that my husband & I have really been discussing a lot of ideas we want 2 see come into fruition in the near future. We have really been taking the necessary steps in order 2 get things done & stay on track. We have our emergency reserve fund in place & have started on our long term savings. We came up w/a plan that we hope gets us thru the winter time w/out us having 2 tap into our savings. We have members in our branch that have been so generous in offering us discount prices on things we will be purchasing 2 get started on our food storage. We're looking into getting a stand up freezer this weekend in our continuous effort 2 stock up & cook @ home every night. :D Something I'm looking 4ward 2 doing. I love cooking & learning new recipes. Or I should say that I'll love cooking again once I have this baby & I'm able 2 be on my feet 4 longer periods of time w/out them swelling up. Lol.

Lately, I've been feeling a sense of URGENCY in getting our food storage 4 a year started on as well as having our savings in place. I don't know what it is. . . .probably the promptings of the Spirit, but I want 2 make sure that we're ready 4 whatever it is in life that may be approaching. It may be a test 2 see if we're obedient enough 2 heed 2 the promptings, but I just have this feeling. . . .that we need 2 prepare. It reminds me of that scripture in the Book Of Mormon: 'Now is the time to prepare to meed God.' I know. . . .deep stuff, right?? Just sharing what I've been feeling 4 the past couple of weeks. I'm so EXCITED 2 be living life in these last days & have really been EXCITED 4 the birth of our #6. The power & sacredness of the process of procreation w/our Father in Heaven has humbled me in ways that were much needed. The struggles of this life have helped me learn life lessons that I couldn't be more grateful for. I'm leaving the past in the past & am looking 4ward so much 2 a BRIGHT & BEAUTIFUL future.

I've just finished reading 'The Great & Terrible' series by Chris Stewart!! :D I loved it!! I'm gonna start it again @ the beginning of the new week. It has helped me 2 see things in perspective & is such a GREAT read. I recommend it 2 EVERYONE. :D I'm onto 'The Mormon Way Of Doing Business' by Jeff Benedict as well as 'Broken Things To Mend' by Brother Jeffrey R. Holland. What can I say?? There's nothing I love 2 do more than 2 enjoy a GOOD read. :D Maybe I need 2 be looking into becoming an editor or publisher?? Lol. So I can read, critique & get paid all in one. :D That would be a dream!! See. . . .another idea that I'm really going 2 look into. Hehehe. . . .Anyways, gotta finish up this laundry so my husband & I can decide what we're going 2 do 2nite when he gets off. :D I hope you all are having a FANTASTIC week/weekend & remember. . . .'Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people' :D

No comments: