BloggerHood

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving's Over Already??



December is in FULL SWING & I'm still recovering from Thanksgiving. Lol. Maybe cause Hoko came home for a 4 day visit & I'm wishing he was still here. :( But I'm so grateful that he's still working & providing for us. He's in Kalamazoo, MI. Exactly 1,521.78 driving miles away, which would take 22 hrs & 26 min of driving time to get there all the while driving through 5 states!! Wow!! This is the 1st time he's working in the eastern time zone. He's been there since Sept & last week was the 1st visit home he got. :( But we had such a BLAST!!


Ugh. . . .so far

As soon as we picked him up from the airport, we headed straight to the Gateway for some much needed family time. We watched MEGAMIND, which I must add was soooo flippin' HILLARIOUS!! We loved it!! :D After that, we bought the kids some food & met up with my parents at a bakery downtown & they went with grandma & grandpa for a sleep over. Hoko & I were long overdue for an anniversary date night. After all, it was only our 10 yr anniversary that just passed in October. Lol.



Hoko asked me where I wanted to go & I immediately said, "TEXAS ROADHOUSE!!" I'm a die hard steak & potatoes kinda girl & I've been dying to try this place out. It was my first time there & they did NOT disappoint. We got their famous cheese fries as well as their complementary dinner rolls with honey butter. Mmmm Mmmm GOOD!! It was DEE-LISH!! We weren't even able to finish our main course. So we boxed it up & headed home. Hoko hadn't seen our new place that we've made HOME at, but I was so happy that he LOVED it just as much as I do. :D



The next day was Thanksgiving & our first stop was my parents house. Everything was ON POINT that I couldn't stop eating. I was STUFFED. And yet we still had Hoko's family dinner to head to. :D It was a GREAT day/evening. The kids were so full that they hella knocked out on the drive home, which made it easier for Hoko & I to sneak out & check out Walmart for black Friday that started at midnight. But that didn't last long. When we got there, there were no carts available. It was too packed to even walk around. And we weren't prepared with any kind of list on what to get and what was on sale. So we quietly turned around & walked out of the store totally empty handed. Lol. Which was GREAT for our bank acct anyway. Hahaha. . . .We came straight back home & slept the night away. :D Which was even better. :D






The next day we headed to the 'LIGHTS UP' celebration at Temple Square. Met up with my sis, Fine & her family. And they came totally equipped for the night with a cooler of cocoa that we made good use of cause it was FREEEEZZZZZIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGG!! We had a blast as we do every year & even had the chance to run into Sister Lautaha. :D I'm so proud of her. And just the day before, we had the wonderful opportunity of running into Elder Lautaha. :D I'm truly blessed & I love my families all so much!! :D














Saturday night came & it was Hoko's last night. We decided to head to the Junction, which is pretty much the hotspot here in downtown Ogden. That place is AWESOME!! There's so much to do. Bowling, swimming, skydiving, surfing, restaurants galore, movies & more. :D We went out to eat with the kids at Golden Corral & then headed to the Megaplex 13 to watch 'TANGLED.' Another CUTE movie to add to the collection of movies we've seen this year. :D The girls LOVED it!! :D It was a GREAT way to spend Hoko's last night in town. But I'm happy to report that he should be home in a couple of weeks for the rest of the winter months that he gets to spend at home with us. :D Yay!! :D I love him so much!! :D














No comments: