BloggerHood

Monday, December 20, 2010

The Simplicity of Walking. . . . .




I love taking walks with the kids & even by myself. It makes me feel so fortunate to be alive & healthy. It is something so rejuvenating to be outside with nature & to just breathe fresh air. Who would've ever thought that such a simple act could feel so good. :D

I take my 3 younger ones on walks daily along w/our dog, Titan. They love it & look forward to it as a means for them to leave the house & get their wiggles out. :D I also look forward to it because it gives me an opportunity to burn some extra calories. Lol. Another reason is because I want my kids to be exposed to living a healthy lifestyle. Being outgoing. I want them to experience the simple things in life & know that they don't have to go to Disneyland to be happy. Happiness is found in the most simplest of things. Something else I've found that comes from our daily walks is the conversations we have. The quality time & attention they get from me & I from them. It's priceless. :D The sense of humor & unique personality of children always leaves me in AWE. They uplift me with their innocence without even trying. I love them so much.



I've always known that if you do something that makes you feel good about yourself, about life, about others. . . . .then it's definitely something worth continuing to do. And this is something I will never give up doing. When we lived in Riverton/South Jordan area, Hoko & I would drive to the Daybreak Lake & just walk it. It's a little under 3.5 miles around it & it's beautiful. Now we're here in Ogden & the funny thing is. . . . .it's just as beautiful walking our neighborhood as it was when we walked the lake. :D




Hoko's been home for a little over a week now & we've been able to take our walks together with all half a dozen kids. :D We had a little snowball fight in the middle of it. We have a 'AGE IS NOTHING, BUT A NUMBER' rule in this. In other words?? No mercy!! Hahahahaha!! Way too much fun for some more than others. Lol.



It was great fun admiring the different homes/architecture of the neighborhood as well as the different decorations people had up. Even the Christmas trees shown through the windows of different homes. I love being able to see the personalities/styles that reflect through the decor of the individual homes. We walked 4 blocks down & 4 blocks back. It started to rain towards the end of our walk, so we were kinda soaked. But we enjoyed the small talks we have during these walks which I know for sure probably wouldn't take place otherwise. I'm grateful for the simple things in life. The complicated things take up too much time & sometimes. . . .too much money. Lol. And aren't even worth it cause it's so easy to get lost in it & before you know it, it's over & you're left asking yourself if it was worth it.

Well, on this particular walk last Saturday, we had the wonderful opportunity of meeting one of our neighbors who came out to meet us when she saw Titan. She also has an English Bulldog. A girl. Same age as Titan. Her name is Ema & she wants to breed her with our lil fella. :D We've been looking into getting a girl dog like Titan to breed them so we can sell the puppies. Just a little something to make an extra income. We quickly exchanged information & we'll be hearing from our neighbor down the street as soon as her Ema is in heat. :D We're excited. The highlight of our walk wasn't just about meeting Ema, but also her owner. Who goes by the name of Tina. She just moved here as well. But from California. She seems awesome & we look forward to getting to know her & her children over time. I feel nothing, but gratitude for so many continuous blessings. I love this time of year. :D

One of my therapeutic releases?? Walking!! I highly recommend it to EVERYONE. :D

2 comments:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Yay!! I found your blog....hahaha you're right walking is so good...I need to walk more! Your little family is so cute! Good seeing you at the temple picture class! Hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas! <3's

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Thnx Mon!! We had a blast @ the temple class n loved seeing ya. That chili was ON POINT!! Lol. Merry Christmas to you n yours!! Send our love to Ova n the kids. :)