BloggerHood

Monday, December 13, 2010

Grateful :D

Sunday always seems like the day of the week that I get to wind down & be spiritually uplifted. And when that happens, it leaves me feeling 'GRATEFUL' for God's hand in my life. And the role it plays in every aspect of it.

Hoko's been home since Wednesday night. :D And I've been all SMILES since then. I've missed him so much & I can't believe how much this guy does for me. I've had all of our home decor from our old house just sitting around waiting to hang themselves up on the walls & he comes home & gets that all done. :D It's been great. It makes our home feel so much more homier!! If that's even a word. Lol. Especially with the holidays here. We've been getting so many things done around the house, thank goodness, & I really am such a happy camper right now.

Hoko was able to attend church with us at our new ward & it's so crazy how 'small' of a world it really is. Case in point. . . .we were running a little late to church today & we start with classes first. There was only 10 min left of relief society and I didn't wanna interrupt the spirit that's always present by walking in, looking around to find a seat, & then finally getting seated so we waited it out in the foyer. Hoko, Savou & I. Sacrament was coming to an end for another ward that we share the building with. As the members of this ward were leaving, they stopped to see if we were new members of their ward & we politely shook hands with a couple of them & nodded our heads 'no.' Then one brethren came up, did the same thing, but when we said 'no' he started talking in Tongan to us. We were quite surprised, not just because the color of his skin clearly revealed to us that he was caucasian, but also cause we didn't see any polynesians come out behind him. He explained to us that he served a mission in New Zealand & that one of his companions was Tongan. Ed Hansen. What a small world!! Let me explain. When my parents decided to move our family here to Utah, we stayed with Bishop Ed Hansen & his family. Bishop being the father of Ed Hansen who served a mission with this lovely fella. :D We continued talking & before you know it?? We had an invitation to spend FHE with his family tomorrow night. We humbly accepted & now I am just so EXCITED to be getting to know more people here.

There isn't any other way to explain it, but the fact that there is a God. That He's mindful of my family & I. That He loves me. That He knows me better than I know myself. That He knows the desires of my heart. That He knows my needs even before I do. That He understands every bit my need to be able to raise my children up righteously. That He sends people into my life to remind me just how much He loves me even though He knows I can't quite comprehend His fullness. That He continues to bless my life through even the most simplest of things that go easily unnoticed. That He can forgive me so willingly & help me to do better. That He came & gave his life for me, a sinner, as the ULTIMATE example for me to follow in His footsteps & as if that wasn't enough?? That He even lightens my load by carrying the weight of the world from off of my shoulders if I so, but ask in humble & sincere prayer. He is the very reason why I am so very grateful for everything in my life. The good, the bad & the ugly. The good because it helps me to become more like Him. The bad because it helps me learn life lessons I know I need in order to progress & proceed in my life. And the ugly because it teaches me that with patience & endurance, through the UGLINESS this world has to offer, those simple principles that were taught to me because I was 'born of goodly parents,' I am now able to know that in the most UGLIEST of situations comes blessings in disguise that we aren't able to receive unless we go through these UGLIEST of experiences. And for that I am grateful. :D

It seems that there is so much to be excited for in life. So I am very optimistic for the future & feel very fortunate to have been born knowing the 'truth of all things.' May we continue to have the holiday spirits within our hearts & carry the attitude of gratitude all year long. Christmas is about much more than just presents. Christ lived his life serving others. And yet on this, His birthday, we celebrate it by giving gifts to everyone else that we sometimes forget whose birthday we're celebrating. May we all continue to remember the reason for the season. Happy Holidays. :D

No comments: