BloggerHood

Thursday, September 16, 2010

'LITTLE EINSTEIN' :D






Aaliyah approached her father & I at the beginning of the week about a letter she was given by her teacher & was instructed to bring home to her 'PARENTS.' My immediate thought was that it better not be another letter asking for room moms. Lol. As harsh as that may sound, I just don't have the time for it. Having to keep my head above water while juggling family life, school, church, extended family life, school (again) & WOW!! This list may not seem that long, but if I was to break it down into sub-categories. . . .it would be endless. I'm definitely GRATEFUL for the never-ending journeys, both past, present & future. :D It's a very REFRESHING feeling being able to anticipate on things to come while in the meantime being reminded of the present-tense.

And in being the mother to this child, I could take full accountability for the WONDERFUL decisions that she's made in her life up until now, but it would be dishonest & downright wrong on so many levels. We give full credit to our loving Father in Heaven who has blessed us with tools to utilize in our everyday lives so as to return home again with each & everyone of our family members. :D And in this case, the tool that has brought so much joy to not only our family as a WHOLE, but to our daughter on a more personal level?? The Book Of Mormon.


The prophet Joseph Smith said that, "the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than any other book." I've always consciously known that the Book of Mormon is the key to helping families return home. But I've never actually seen it with my own eyes when it comes to someone other than myself. Up until about a month ago when we were challenged by our stake presidency to start reading it everyday as a family. The blessings that come with it were specific to the family. In the blessings of our children & so forth. Well, I can testify to the truth of it as of now. And with only a little over a month of doing this, the blessings have been never ending. With whom have I seen it affect the most?? My not-so-little-anymore Aaliyah. She has always been a bit of a challenge to me. And it might be because of the fact that she's always been so much more mature than her age group. It always caught me off guard & I think unconsciously, it HORRIFIED me, to say the least. She would have comebacks that would have me sitting there trying to think HARD of something smarter to say so as to put her in her place. That didn't work out so well. Can you imagine?? A grown woman trying to outsmart her elementary-aged child. Wow!! Pretty pathetic. Lol. Well, our Book of Mormon reading/studying has changed all of that. It has instilled in Aaliyah a trait that she definitely fell short of. Compassion. It has made the difference & I totally didn't just go off on a tangent for nothing. This has everything to do with why she was recognized today at school, I promise. :D

She has received the 'Principal's Pride' award every year since she started kindergarten. She is now in 4th grade. What makes this time around so much more UNIQUE & quite MEMORABLE is the fact that she not only was getting recognized for making the honor roll, but for her examples of friendship with in her class. Her willingness to encourage her classmates on different projects at school. We're so PROUD of Aaliyah & the ongoing journey she continues to travel in her life. We love you so so MUCH!! :D You have been such a MARVELOUS blessing w/in our family. :D

And though she may not ever amount to anything close to the REAL Albert Einstein, academically, she will always be our 'LITTLE EINSTEIN' in what matters even more than that. Her compassion & examples of that towards those around her. :D






2 comments:

Line said...

Aaliya is such a good little girl! Congrats to her!

We still need to get together, sorry! Maybe one of these days I can come up to SLC with Saia when he works. Miss ya!

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

You're totally fine sis!! I miss you tons & we'll definitely have to plan a lunch date soon. :D