BloggerHood

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Off Track. . . .


Off track. . . .no not the kids. This time it's all ME!! I've been totally 'Off Track' because of the flu that came & took over my life. LITERALLY. For a WHOLE week & a half. While I've always been the type of person that's always been able to see the positive in life, there was no up-side in feeling like I was going to die. Dramatic, much?? But that's exactly how I felt. This illness knocked me off my feet while @ the same time knocking the wind out of me. I wasn't able to do anything for myself. Except of course, using the bathroom. Which I was barely able to do on my own. Ugh. . . I haven't been sick in years so I guess this was my year to be HIT w/everything that I've been missing out on. I was so GRATEFUL that Hoko was home. He got sick right away because of the change of weather from the hot & humid in Louisiana to the dry & cool air back here @ home. And yet he was still up & about taking care of me & the kids. :D I love him so much. He was seriously my lifeline that I didn't know what I'd do without him. Which is kinda weird cause I'm pretty independent. I love to be able to do things for myself & to help pull the weight of our family. :D But this was not the case & it was killing me.

I'm so ECSTATIC that I've been getting better. I got to a point where I forgot how it felt like to be healthy & normal. But I'm glad it's all over. I, literally, started feeling better on Saturday. The same day that my husband got the call to head back to work. He was home for two weeks & it sucks that I was sick most of the time. :( But I'm grateful that he's working & able to provide for our family. Being in school full time, while juggling family life is so not an easy thing. But I'm grateful for the opportunity to be furthering my education, while @ the same time wondering/hoping that I'm making the right decision in going back to school right now while my kids are still so young. Always makes me think that these are the years when they need/want me the most. Once they grow up, they'll start to claim their independence in doing all things just like I did when I was growing up. :D Oh LIFE. . . .why couldn't it be more simple?? Like Adam & Eve simple. . . .wishful thinking, I guess. Well, I'm gonna take advantage of today & take the kids out for a walk in the neighborhood. :D Life is looking up & there's definitely a lot to look forward to. :D I love it!! :D

No comments: