BloggerHood

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Last Night Together. . . . .At Least For A While :(


Tonight is Hoko's last night with us before heading back to work for the rest of the year. And while we're EXTREMELY grateful that he has a wonderful job, it's always such a LOVE/HATE relationship cause he has to travel out of state. If we get lucky. . . .maybe he'll be close enough for us to drive out & see him. Last year wasn't one of those times. :( He was in Louisiana & it definitely took a toll on the kids. They couldn't understand why I was able to go visit him & why they weren't able to go. It broke my heart. I explained to them that it was very expensive to buy plane tickets for our whole family so I was just flying out with Savou cause he was free. They quietly nodded their heads in agreement, but I could still see the hurt in their eyes & it absolutely killed me.

Having Hoko home these past months, we've been able to talk with them more about his job & the extensive travel it requires. We informed them of our plans & how daddy won't be working like this forever. That these are part of the sacrifices we're making in order to improve our future as a family. We filled them in on the details, of course, and felt immensely blessed when their reaction was so filled with gratitude & amazement. :D I know every mother feels this way about their kids, but I honestly can't imagine myself getting through these intractable times without the pure love & innocence of my children. It's probably why I've been endowed with so many of these innocent spirits. . . . . .cause I need so much strength & comfort. Lol. Whatever the reason may be, I am eternally thankful.



It was such a busy day today. I had to head to school & write up two papers for my english class that was due at midnight. Procrastinate much?? I'm still working on ridding myself of this nasty habit. And then I spent hours at the Hub getting all my math caught up. This consisted of six chapters & a quiz, but I'm proud to say that I was able to accomplish it all & head home. It was almost seven by the time I was done so we caught an eight o'clock show with the kids at the Junction. Hoko & I watched 'THOR' with the two boys & the girls watched 'RIO' :D Both movies started & ended at the same time so it worked out perfect. The kids had a blast & I LOVED 'THOR' :D It was a GREAT movie. We came home & had pizza & by that time. . . . .the kids were pooped. They headed straight for bed & were fast asleep.




I would be in the same boat as them if Hoko weren't leaving tomorrow. So here I am. . . . .blogging away while he's packing. What?? I totally folded all his laundry & had it ready for him to pack it up. That should count for something. Hahaha. . . . .

I'm totally gonna go off on a tandem here, but when do I not?? Lol. I am sixteen weeks now & have finally gotten past the morning sickness stage. Yay!! :D This pregnancy's been really difficult for me because I'm not used to feeling sick. I'm usually up & about, eating whatever I want & doing everything I normally do. The biggest thing being exercising. I'm trying to get back to running this week so that I can have an easier time throughout the rest of the twenty four weeks I have left to go. Wish me luck. I'm hoping that with Hoko leaving out of town, my motivation to stay healthy will kick into overdrive. :D *fingers & toes crossed* With that said. . . .summer semester is in full swing & I love all my classes so far. Here's to another set of straight A's this time around. :D Definitely knocking on wood with my fingers & toes crossed AND a prayer in my heart for this one. :D Til next time. . . . .

4 comments:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Awwww....Congrats Fiona, I didn't know you were expecting again!! Take it easy!!

I always say I don't know how you and your sil's do it...playing the single mom role while your husband's are away at work. You're all a lot stronger than I am, that's for sure!! Hang in there girl....

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Awww....thanks Mon!! But I'm pretty sure we're not stronger than you. We all do what we have to for our families, right? Love you girl n hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

Hurry and change up your background! It's killing me! hahahahahahahaha jk!

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Oh shut up SHEENA!! I'm already DEAD & too lazy to care!! LMBO!! Maybe I'll get to it in December!! Lol!! MAYBE!!