BloggerHood

Saturday, October 10, 2015

My Journey Goes On

It's been a pretty long time since I posted on here.  A lot has happened these past couple of months.  I'm going to start with my most recent change in life, which might not be that much of a surprise to those of you that know me well.  I'm back in school!  I know, I know.  I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but to all of you that do know me, I could never stay away from it for too long, right?

This time around, I've been blessed with an amazing opportunity that you can learn more about by clicking here.  I am at the end of week three of the semester and I'm honestly loving it.

I am taking online courses through BYU-Idaho and the Learning Model is so different from anything I've ever encountered before.  We prepare, teach one another, and then ponder and prove.  Of course, we expound on these points, but this is to give you an idea of the awesomeness I've been able to participate in these last couple of weeks.  We were given some tips to help guide and direct us.

1.  Seek the will of God and the guidance of the Holy Ghost.

Ummm. . . .can I just say, where else would you get a tip like this, besides church?  Definitely not any typical university I've ever attended.

2.  Expertise is unnecessary.

How much relief did you feel reading that?  Me, MAJOR!

3.  Begin with the end in mind.

I had a complete 'AHA' moment with this one.  I thought, if I begin with the end in mind, I'll be able to create a plan/roadmap/mini goals that will help me get to where I want to go.  I thought, I would be at a different place in my life if this actual tip clicked for me in the past because this is definitely not the first time I've heard it.  But I do know that the Lord has a plan for me and I was not ready to hear it until now.

There are seven other tips, but that's for a whole different post.  I have been exercising my faith in many different areas of my life while starting this journey back to school and I'm not going to lie, it isn't always easy.  What in life is that's worth it?  I'm learning that I have far more weaknesses than I thought I had, but with that comes a lot of humility in recognizing that I am nothing without my loving Savior by my side.  I am grateful for His continual patience in helping mold me into the person I am supposed to become.  I'm also excited to strive to become like Him.  He's always been the goal.  I love Him and I know that He lives.  I'm grateful for His atoning sacrifice for someone so unworthy as me.  I count my blessings every day and night and in between for the life that I live.  Come and partake of His goodness.  Find out more by clicking here.

No comments: