BloggerHood

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Ramblings

Today was PERFECT!! We got to church semi-on time (five min late). Jordan was in nursery for a good 20 min before they gave up and brought him back to me sobbing and sniffling as he always is. And they always apologize and sincerely feel so bad that they have to return him to me. I'm always like, people it's OK. He's my son. We hang out all week long so he kinda has issues going to people he only sees once a week. I really don't mind at all when they come find me cause he's usually fine sitting with me in RS. I'm just trying to get him to go to nursery cause there's no one to watch him on the Sundays that I teach. But today, Jordan didn't wanna be in any classroom setting. And the weather was too gorgeous for me to be frustrated with him. Plus, I've really been cherishing the small things with my kids and not making a big deal outta things that normally drive me crazy because I'm realizing more and more just how quickly they're growing up. 

Things didn't settle down at all during sacrament once he and Savou were together. It is CRAZY how much these two feed off of each other's energy and bad behavior!! Lol. But I've become so much more patient with them and feel like I'm really gonna miss those crazy moments once they grow up and become more mature and act right. But for now, I'm not gonna sweat the small stuff. They're my everything and I love them so much because in all essence, "This too, shall pass." 

I invited my visiting teaching companion to sit with us. She's single and I love her. She coaches the girls soccer team up at Weber and we get along so well. She was crackin up cause I told her that if she wanted to feel the spirit during sacrament, she'd better stay where she was at which was far away from us. She's currently looking into a club volleyball organization for the girls to join. She actually talked to the vball coach up there and is sending me more info on it. I can't wait. I've been really trying hard to be more HERE in Ogden, if that makes any sense. We're going on 3 or 4 years of living here now and it's kinda crazy that I'm only now trying now to really get to know everyone and be more HERE. I love it so much more every day!! 

Aaliyah went and hung out with one of her friends from school yesterday. Her friend has been having a really hard time at school with girls that she thought were friends, but from what Aaliyah tells me, aren't. The usual things we all used to go thru while still trying to discover and create our best selves. I'm so happy that Aaliyah is so secure in who she is and doesn't just go where the wind blows. She's such a leader in her own rite and I'm always so happy to watch her grow. She's definitely not perfect and continues to be really annoying and test my patience, but all in all, she's a great girl. 

When I told Hoko, he was like, why is she going over there? Lol. It's so hard for him to let them do things like that cause he's so protective of them especially when we don't know their parents. And I'm so off. I didn't even get out of the car to go meet her mom even tho she came out and waved to me both times (drop off and pick up). Anti-social much? I really am. And not purposely. I don't think of these things until after they've already happened. Goodness. I need to get it together. But we're going to the movies tomorrow night for FHE and Aaliyah invited Connie to come with us so I'll meet them then. 


Anyways, when we got home from church, Hoko was hiding behind our bedroom door and startled me (as he always does) by saying HEY!! He's so annoying. He doesn't even say SURPRISE!! Lol. But I was too happy to see him so after I punched him I gave him a long hug and kiss. I missed him so much. I've really been missing him these past couple of rotations. We all hurriedly changed out of our church clothes and hopped in the van and headed to Zaxby's for some grub and then to the park to go eat and soak in the sun. It was so beautiful outside that I was overwhelmed with pure joy for Hoko being home and making our family complete. 




I'm looking forward to spending all my time with my baby and our kids and celebrating Hoko's 32nd bday on Thursday. I'm too excited for all this warm weather to stay for good!! Please winter, be done with already. 

1 comment:

Mua said...

I LOVE this post!! How cute are you and Hoko. Glad he's home with you guys again! & gosh, I swear you were totally speaking to me about the patience with your boys, I totally overreact with my kids and need to be more patient like you. Love you Fiona, have a great week :)