BloggerHood

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Four Weeks. . . .

Four weeks. . . .that's how long my mom's trip to Fiji was. Seemed like FOREVER at first, but as always, as the time got closer to her returning, it flew by & next thing we knew. . . . .we were all at the airport awaiting her arrival. :D There's a reason why CERTAIN people in your life are missed more than others. And my mom's list can go on FOREVER!! :D

I think it's safe to say that the grand-kids missed her the MOST. We all headed to my parents' place afterwards & ATE wayyyy too much. But it felt so good to be together with my parents & siblings as well as families from out of state.

My mom's main purpose for her trip was to go acquire land for our family that's been divided amongst us siblings, to farm crops on in hopes of turning a profit & starting a family business that can be passed down to our children & generations to come. One thing that I love about my parents is the fact that they're always looking to the future. How can they leave something behind that we, as their children, will be able to carry on with our own little families & make something out of it has always been their goal. I've learned so much from these two role models of mine & I will be eternally in their debt for the way they've raised me.

Our plan, if things go well, is to be able to spend our summers in Fiji, once I'm done with school, & work on the farm as well as do some kind of humanitarian aide for the people there. I'm hoping in the long run that I'll even be able to open up a pharmacy there. Who knows?? The possibilities are endless. The kids are excited about the family farm & I hope that excitement stays with them forever, but more importantly. . . . .I hope we'll be able to do some good there. My mom has a lot of family there that will be taking care of the crops while we're here in hopes of being able to provide a living for their own growing families. It's been in the works for the past couple of months now & we're heading to Fiji in December to legalize each of our parcels of land. It's a very EXCITING process in the works. Nevertheless, it'll take a lot of hard work & patience on our end in order to see this through to fruition. Hoko & I have talked about the many possibilities that this could turn in to & we both see the Lord's hand in all of it. It's crazy how we've been able to tie certain events in our lives to our future that we never would've imagined had anything to do with it. And that's when the Lord comes in. Where He sees things that we can't. Where He knows what's best even when we don't. And how He always comes through on his end & then some, when we fall short.

Our hopes in the end of all this is that our children learn to be more charitable. More giving. Closer to each other. Closer to the Lord. That would be more than enough for me & I would give anything for THAT kind of success. :D

Pictures coming soon. . . . like when I get home from school. Lol.






4 comments:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

That is awesome Fiona.....and sounds like you guys are becoming exactly the parents your parents were to you!! What a great thing your parents are doing for you guys....cause not only is it doing all the things you mentioned in your post, but it's also keeping your kids aware and involved in their Fijian culture. Awesome!

Mahe Clan said...

Sounds Amazing!! How blessed you guys are. Can't wait to see what the future holds for you guys in this amazing journey.

Line said...

that's so cool your mom got to go back to fiji. and what a productive trip too!

SiOaNa :) said...

Love this post Fi. The Lord is amazing and He has blessed us with wonderful loving hard working parents. We had the best dinner ever and I miss your desert. LOL. I'm so fat...hahahahaha.