BloggerHood

Monday, April 25, 2011

Moving Back??

So I've been playing around with the idea of perhaps it being a smart decision to move back to Salt Lake. . . .now hear me out. Lol. I love living in Ogden primarily for the fact that I'm within 120 seconds of drive time to my school. Which makes a HUGE difference. Also, I like being a little bit away from families & friends because of the fact that it isolates me from that part of my life that can be somewhat distracting at times. Lol. Because all of our families live out there, we're constantly commuting every weekend back & forth & with these gas prices?? It's a bit ridiculous. But when I weigh out the pros & cons. . . . .it's much more economical for us to commute to Salt Lake on the weekends then it will be if I were to have to commute from there to here everyday. So I guess problem solved. Lol.

I had to get this off my chest cause it's been bouncing around in my head for the past month or so. And as much as I push it to the back of my mind, it keeps finding its way back to the forefront.

With that outta the way. . . . .this past weekend was another time inducing, extra busy, family filled weekend shared with the ones we love most. Friday started out crazy with my butt sitting in immigration for the second time this week, mind you, this building is all the way in Salt Lake (once again refer to the two previous paragraphs). I had to clear up some stuff with my residency status in order to be able to take the holds off my admissions at Weber in order to continue my education. A few other bumps in the road that I've been dealing with while trying to broaden my horizon & enlighten my brain. Lol. I am so relieved & so grateful that everything has finally panned out & I have registered for summer semester with no resistance. I'm currently enrolled in twelve credits, but am scheduled to see my advisor Friday morning to see if I can add one more. And as crazy hectic as twelve credits already is, I need one more three or four credit course since I was only able to take three classes last semester because of the fact that I registered late so I'm trying to get back on track with taking one extra class this summer semester. I'm clearly aware of the fact that it's gonna be really difficult to stay afloat, but I'm hoping that I will get through it alive.

After I got everything squared away with immigration, I headed back to Weber to clear everything up in admissions. It took all of two minutes & I was outta there heading to the girls' school to pick them up. We headed home & cleaned up a bit, grabbed their change & headed BACK to Salt Lake for the kids to spend the weekend with grandma before she heads to Fiji. A special request from grandma Selu since she'll be gone for four weeks. :( Savou & Liyah didn't wanna stay so they had the opportunity of heading to my sister's house with us to do s'mores & play with my other nieces & nephews. Which wasn't part of the plan, but my sister text me on our way back home so we stopped by. We finally got home around 3 am & ended our night with a quick stop at Betos for a TEXANO burrito that was to die for!! My fave!! :D I was scheduled for a breakfast date with my sister & Ati (which is my sister's sister in law) which I totally missed cause I was too busy sleeping. Lol. I jumped up at 9:20 & called my sister that I wasn't gonna get there in time for breakfast. Ugh. . .we finally got back to Salt Lake a little after 11 am & my sister & I started our day together. She took me to get a pedi, then we headed to the Gateway for lunch at Applebees & then upstairs to the megaplex for a movie. Hanna, to be specific. It was a great day & we had a lot to catch up on. :D We headed back to her place & ended up spending the night there watching movies & just chillin. FUN & better yet. . . .so RELAXING!! :D





Sunday came & we headed to my parents place for our easter lunch/dinner cause our eating lasted all day. We got to talk with my parents more about our family land that my parents just recently purchased in Fiji, which is the reason my mom's leaving there on Thursday. That got us all excited as well. We ended our weekend at the Mostyn's for an egg hunt & dinner that they put on for our families. Nothing comes close to the time spent amongst the ones you love & cherish. Makes you grateful for all the things you have been blessed with that can easily be taken for granted. This was our crazy weekend that's pretty much every weekend. Especially with summer approaching & the weather warming up. Birthday parties, weddings, reunions, etc., are just the beginning of these unforeseen weekends that are approaching. :D









2 comments:

TrishHavili said...

mmmkay! You look super skinny, good work mommy of many lol.

Commuting? That sounds a lot like us when we were at my parents.

I love the colorful photos!

Anonymous said...

Holy.. fun filled weekend! LOL I can't believe how much commuting you guys do! Crazy! But it's always great seeing you all! :) Let me know when Hoko makes his famous ribs again! LOL Love you guys! :)