BloggerHood

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Another GREAT Family Home Evening Activity. . . .

So we've always been pretty BIG on making sure we keep 2 our weekly family nights. I didn't realize @ all how much FUN it would be 2 head 2 our rec center & go swimming w/the kids on a Tues night. We were supposed 2 go yesterday 4 our FHE, but had 2 postpone it due 2 the girls not finishing their homework & chores early enough 2 go & be back in time 2 have dinner & then have them turn in 4 the night. So we delayed it til 2day w/the same conditions that applied. Homework & chores done by 6. The girls definitely impressed me by finishing up all their duties & so we headed 2 the pool. Hoko sat & just watched us w/Savou since he just recovered 4rom his ear infection. We keep our risks 2 a minimum w/Savou. I'm sure you can understand why. :D

Sila was our SPOTLIGHT 4 the night. Her & baby Hoko always have life jackets on when we get into the pool. And she was seriously FEARLESS once she realized that the life jackets hold her up & keep her afloat. So she took 2 the deep end like a GROWN UP, lol, & back stroked her life away!! Hahahaha!! It was HILLARIOUS!! She was seriously bumping into adults, teenagers, kids, & paid them no mind @ all. She was totally FOCUSED on her swimming on her own & being able 2 go where she wanted to. Hoko & I were some PROUD parents. We saw people stopping & doing double takes as she swam by them cause they couldn't believe she was swimming on her own. Lol. It was so cute & she gave her little brother, Hoko, enough courage 2 venture out on his own as well & float his little heart out. :D We went thru the lazy river time & again until we saw grandma Selu come in from working out upstairs & we knew it was time 2 go. We got out of the pool @ about 7:30 pm & headed home & started dinner.

We were able 2 put our new toy 2 use. A brand spankin' new deep fryer that we bought 4rom the outlet store in Draper for a little under $30, which may sound a little pricey, but seriously it was a steal considering it's one of those really BIG ones. We've been planning 2 get one 4 a while now so we were totally ECSTATIC 2 have found this one @ such a bargain. Hoko's made scones in it before, too, & it's just HEAVENLY!! :D Of course, not 4 my waistline, but I can never pass up my husband's hard work in the kitchen. Lol. Next up 4 our new toy. . . .DOUGHNUTS!! :D Woo hoO!! Can't wait. :D We had Chicken Crispers & Fries 2nite w/Orange Creme Floats 4 dessert. The kids went 2 sleep REALLY full & I know they're all gonna sleep like babies 2nite. Except maybe Savou since he's starting 2 cry right now. So til next time. . . .adios. :D

3 comments:

Line said...

Ok seriously, you're making me hungry. Lol! I need to get myself a deep fryer!

SiOaNa :) said...

Fi I admire how you keep busy with your kids. I only got 1 and half the time I think I make up excuses as to why we can't do this or that...or go here. My idea or recreational activity with my son is a walk around any store...lol. Yeah, totally pathetic right? ha ha.

Fiona and Hoko Tuakoi said...

Line, you can thank me later once you've made your 1st batch of fry bread & doughnuts!! Hahahaha!! Tell Saia 2 hurry up & go buy you one. Lol.
Jo-Any recreation that includes walking is good enough no matter where you're walking at. Lol. So not pathetic. When mommy's happy, everyone's happy. It's a win/win!! Hahaha. . . .